Dental Crowns – Garland, TX
Injured Smiles Made New Again
At Orbit Dental of Garland, we are proud to provide patients with tooth restorations that look and feel just like natural. We understand just how difficult it can be when teeth become damaged, broken, or cracked, and we know that nothing matters more than restoring your smile to what it once was. Our dental crowns are custom-made to restore the appearance and function of your injured tooth while protecting it from future damage or decay. Injured smiles are made new again with dental crowns in Garland, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown consists of a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a damaged tooth to restore its appearance and function. The crown encapsulates the entire visible portion of the tooth, holding the tooth together and strengthening it. Dental crowns are made of porcelain, which is well-known for how much it resembles natural enamel. The strong and durable material will allow you to chew comfortably and prevent further damage from occurring to the injured tooth. Patients receive dental crowns for many reasons, such as:
- Protecting teeth that have been severely decayed or have very large fillings
- Repairing teeth that have been cracked, fractured, or broken
- Protecting teeth that have been repaired with a root canal
- Improving teeth that are naturally weakened or misshapen
- Replacing missing teeth when paired with a dental implant
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
Because dental crowns are custom built using impressions of the patient’s teeth, two visits are typically required to receive a crown. During the first visit, the tooth is prepared by removing a thin layer of enamel to make room for the crown. Then impressions are taken and sent to a dental laboratory to create your crown. For the next two weeks, you’ll wear a temporary crown to keep your smile safe and comfortable. When your final, custom-made restoration is finished, we’ll call you back into the office and cement it into place.
Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
If you choose to have your tooth repaired with a dental crown in Garland, you can expect to enjoy benefits like:
- Ability to eat, chew, and drink without discomfort
- Reduced, if not eliminated, tooth sensitivity in the injured tooth
- Beautiful, seamless results that blend in with the rest of your smile
- A strong, durable restoration that will last for many years
- Dramatically lowered risk of future complications, such as an irreparably damaged tooth that needs extraction or a serious dental infection