Dental Checkups & Cleanings – Garland, TX
The Key to a Lifetime of Healthy Smiles
It is generally recommended that everyone visits a dentist every six months or so for a cleaning and checkup. These routine appointments can play a huge role in catching oral health problems early on and preventing the need for extensive treatment. If it has been a while since your last cleaning and checkup in Garland, you might be curious about what you can expect the next time you visit us. This page explains why these visits are so important and what they involve.
Why Choose Orbit Dental of Garland for Dental Checkups & Cleanings?
- Friendly, Experienced Team
- Convenient Appointment Times
- Comfortable, Empathetic Care
Why Are Regular Dental Checkups & Cleanings Important?
Some reasons why dental checkups and cleanings are so important include:
- They prevent dental problems. Cleanings and checkups can reduce your risk of cavities and gum disease. They may also help you avoid systemic health conditions that are often associated with poor oral health, such as heart disease.
- They spare you from pain. Often, dental problems do not have any obvious symptoms at first. By allowing your dentist in Garland to catch and treat such issues early in their development, you can avoid toothaches and other painful symptoms.
- They save you money. Insurance usually covers preventive care at 100%. Plus, these appointments can help you avoid having to pay for complex restorative dental treatment in the future.
What to Expect During a Dental Checkup
A thorough dental checkup in Garland usually involves several steps:
- We may take X-Rays to understand what is happening beneath the gumline.
- We visually examine the teeth and gums, as well as inspect existing dental work for any signs of weakness or failure.
- We use special instruments, such as a probe, to check for subtle signs of tooth decay and other issues.
- We chart the positioning of your gums to check for signs of gum recession.
- We ask you about your current overall health, and make a note about any medications you are taking.
- If we find any oral health problems, we design a treatment plan to get your smile’s well-being back on track.
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning
Although you may do an excellent job of cleaning your teeth at home, a professional cleaning can still benefit you. After all, there may be places in your mouth that are difficult for you to reach during your daily routine. Plus, after plaque hardens into tartar, it is impossible to remove with at-home tools.
During your teeth cleaning in Garland, the hygienist will:
- Use special instruments to remove plaque and tartar accumulation from your teeth.
- Floss your teeth.
- Polish the teeth to remove minor stains.
- Offer advice and guidance on how best to care for your teeth at home.
Is it time for your next cleaning and checkup? Request an appointment at Orbit Dental today.