If you’re like millions of other people, you want to make some changes this year. While everyone else is busy at the gym, lifting weights and dancing away the calories, you tell yourself you want to start somewhere else – a place where you can make a great first impression when meeting someone new – your smile. To help you get started, a dentist in Garland explains why a healthy and beautiful smile is great for boosting your confidence as well as how you can achieve it using the right type of treatments.
How a Healthy Smile Means Greater Confidence
Have you ever met someone who possessed a mouth full of rotten, stained, and decayed teeth who walked around unashamed of their smile? Did that person hold their head up and smile without hesitation? Did they talk freely and act as if no one was staring at their teeth? The likeliness that you’ve seen or met this type of person is slim. Why? Because most individuals lack self-esteem when their smile is full of imperfections.
Whether it is cracks, chips, stains, discoloration, gaps, misalignments, or any other common dental flaw, these impurities can make anyone feel self-conscious and opt for a night-in instead of joining friends for dinner.
By choosing to do something about your smile, you are not only putting your oral health on track, but you’re also making a choice to better yourself and ultimately, boost your confidence. When you like the way you look, you exude confidence. This will benefit you in various situations, whether it is a job interview, first date, trip to the grocery store, or even attending your child’s dance recital.
Ways to Achieve a Showstopping Smile
Your dentist is the first person who can give you the smile you desire. Naturally, regular dental checkups and cleanings will be the most effective way to prolong its health and appearance but there are also additional services that can be beneficial, such as cosmetic dentistry.
During a consultation, you and your dentist can discuss options for which treatment is right for your individual needs, some of which may include:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin shell coverings are placed over the surface of your teeth to hide all types of imperfections (i.e. cracks, chips, gaps, stains, crooked or misshapen teeth, alignment).
- Teeth Whitening: Blasting away stains and discoloration that exists on the surface or deep down beneath the enamel, teeth whitening can have you seeing a brighter, whiter smile in less time.
- Metal-Free Dental Restorations: Whether you need a filling, dental crown, bridge, or another type of restoration, these metal-free prosthetics can fix your problem without comprising your appearance.
- Dental Bonding: If wanting a more affordable, less invasive option than veneers, dental bonding can easily hide minor cosmetic flaws and give you a beautiful, blended smile.
- Gum Recontouring: Using a soft tissue laser that cauterizes as it makes contact, your dentist can reshape and sculpt your gum line to create an even look that is less “gummy” and more aesthetically pleasing.
- Smile Makeovers: If you’re in need of multiple treatments to address various dental problems, a smile makeover can be most beneficial. Your dentist will combine different procedures to create a personalized plan that ultimately gives you a dramatically transformed smile.
There are a thousand reasons to smile, so make sure yours looks its best by talking to your dentist and discussing cosmetic dentistry services today!
About the Practice
At Orbit Dental, we want you to be happy with your smile. Not only is keeping it healthy important, but it’s likely you also want a smile that serves as a showstopper when around others. Our team is pleased to offer a variety of services that can help you achieve your desired dental goals from preventive care to restorative and cosmetic treatment. If you’re ready to make some changes in 2020 and want to start with your smile, stop your search for a “dentist near me,” and visit our website or call (469) 277-2727.