When you flash your smile for a photo or in public, are you confident with its color? If not, don’t worry! You’re not alone as studies show that around 80% of Americans wish that their smile was whiter. Thankfully, there is a solution to give you a set of teeth that you can show off. Professional teeth whitening in Garland is not only stronger than over-the-counter products, but it’s also safer. Keep reading to learn how your teeth become stained in the first place and why you should always choose professional whitening over store bought solutions.
How Do My Teeth Become Stained?
There are two main types of tooth discoloration: extrinsic and intrinsic. Extrinsic discoloration occurs when the outer layer of your tooth, the enamel, is stained by routine coffee, wine, or cola drinking. These stains can also be caused by any food or drink rich in color as well as habitual tobacco use and smoking. Intrinsic discoloration occurs when the inner structure of your tooth darkens or gets a yellow tint. This inside portion is called dentin, which is protected by your enamel. Your dentin will naturally discolor over time, but it can also yellow due to injury or decay.
The Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Your cosmetic dentist in Garland offers teeth whitening services to turn back the time on your smile. With all of the whitening products that you see in store, what makes seeing a professional worth it? Whitening from your dentist can bring you and your smile benefits that you simply can’t get with store-bought solutions, including:
- Effectiveness: Professional teeth whitening gives patients the ability to leave the dentist’s office with a smile that’s up to 8 shades whiter. Plus, the powerful bleaching agent combined with a special heating lamp reaches intrinsic stains that in-store products can’t even get close to.
- Safety: Because you’re receiving treatment from a professional, your whitening will be safe and tailored to your smile. Over-the-counter products have the potential to cause pain and irritation.
- Simplicity: In just one quick and easy appointment, you can walk out of the dentist’s office with a dramatically white smile.
- Speed: Professional teeth whitening typically takes less than an hour, whereas in-store products will require weeks at minimum before you see results.
- Reliability: With professional whitening, you’ll always receive beautiful and even whitening. Because over-the-counter whitening kits, gels, and strips aren’t customized for your smile, they can cause uneven results.
Are you ready to give yourself a whiter smile in the quickest and most effective way possible? Contact your cosmetic dentist to get started on a more beautiful and confident set of pearly whites.
About the Practice
At Orbit Dental, we have a team of 3 dentists who are experienced in giving patients the results that they want and deserve. They take pride in offering high-quality whitening solutions to not only improve appearance but also boost confidence. For any questions, they can be reached through their website or by phone at (469) 277-2727.