You’re probably already aware that Invisalign offers you a way to straighten your smile discreetly using clear-plastic aligners, but there are some hidden benefits that you may not know of. There are many other reasons why an increasing number of patients are picking clear braces over traditional braces. Keep reading to learn about these advantages as well as get the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Invisalign in Garland.
What is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign uses a series of clear-plastic aligning trays to gradually shift your teeth into position. Your dentist will take impressions of your smile and then create your custom-made trays based on a personalized treatment plan. You’ll wear each aligner for about 2 weeks, changing them out accordingly to progress your treatment. You’ll be recommended to wear your trays for at least 20 to 22 hours a day to receive the full benefits of Invisalign.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Besides the fact that Invisalign makes it incredibly hard for people to notice you’re straightening your teeth, there are many other advantages of this treatment:
- Comfort: Invisalign’s smooth plastic makes wearing them incredibly comfortable. The aligners fit snugly around your teeth, eliminating the chance of anything cutting or catching the inside of your mouth.
- Diet: Because they’re completely removeable, you can eat all of your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your braces.
- Oral healthcare: You won’t have to change how you clean your teeth or purchase any additional tools to clean your braces.
- Safety: You have an incredibly low chance of needing to visit the ER compared to wearing braces because you don’t have to worry about brackets and wires breaking.
- Confidence: Invisalign’s discreetness allows you to remain confident in your professional and social lives.
How Long Does Invisalign Take to Complete?
Invisalign will typically take between 10 and 18 months to complete, but this will depend on the severity of your misalignment as well as your commitment to treatment. On average, Invisalign’s treatment time is much shorter than traditional braces.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of your Invisalign will depend on numerous factors, which is why it’s hard to give an estimate without an examination of your mouth. You should contact your dentist to request an appointment. They will be able to take a look at your smile and give you an estimate.
Does it sound like you could benefit from Invisalign treatment? Contact your dentist today to get started on a straight smile with boosted confidence.
About the Practice
At Orbit Dental, we have a team of 3 dentists who are dedicated to helping their patients improve their smiles and stay healthy. Invisalign is just one of the various orthodontic services they offer to enhance and care for your smile. Orbit Dental even offers a $1,000 off orthodontic special to give you quality and affordable orthodontics in Garland. For any questions, they can be contacted through their website or by phone at (469) 277-2727.