The tongue is the part of the mouth that are mostly not given proper attention when it comes to oral care. Just like the teeth and gums, caring for the tongue is necessary. One of the ways of cleaning the tongue is through the method of tongue scraping. Tongue scraping is an oral hygiene practice that gets rid of the bacteria, food debris, and toxins from the surface of the tongue. Failure to scrape these toxins on the tongue can lead to respiratory, digestive, and immune system problems when reabsorbed by the body.
We at Orbit Dental helps patients in keeping track of their oral health by providing them a reliable Complete Checkups services. During the check-up, the dentist will evaluate the patient’s oral health conditions. Different treatments essential to keeping one’s dental health is also offered such as professional teeth cleaning, digital x-rays, oral cancer screening, and fluoride treatments. We care about our patients that we want to be a part of their dental care journey.
Brushing and flossing can loose and move debris around the mouth, but they do not completely remove the bacteria since almost have of the oral bacteria lives deeply in the tongues. Here are the reasons why pairing toothbrushes, flossers, and mouthwash with a tongue scraper in the daily oral care regimen is significant:
- Halitosis or bad breath is a terrible thing. It can affect not just the physical health of the person but also the quality of life as well. Since most bad breath resides on the back of the tongue and is hardly reached by brushing, tongue scraping removes bacteria from all areas of the tongue.
- Tongue scraping boosts one’s immunity by eliminating toxins that might reabsorb by the body.
- The tongue that had been scraped and cleansed enhances the taste of the food which supports the digestive process.
- Daily tongue scraping can help one to keep track of the significant changes in the oral conditions.
- Tongue scraping decreases the risk of acquiring periodontal problems.
When choosing a tongue scraper, metals are more preferred than plastic-made tongue scrapers. Most tongue scrapers are capable of cleansing the entire width of the tongue. Smaller tongue scrapers, therefore, cannot effectively clear the coating of the tongue. Use the tongue scraper every morning on an empty stomach.
Get healthy and cavity-free teeth! Book a visit with us for your Complete Checkups services in Garland, TX. Visit us at 5255 N. President George Bush Hwy., Garland, TX 75040 to schedule your appointment with Orbit Dental.