Dental Sealants are thin, plastic coatings that are usually applied on the back teeth to prevent tooth decay. The material used for dental sealants are acrylic which easily and quickly bonds into the depressions and crevices of the teeth. It creates a protective shell or layer over the crown of the tooth. Orbit Dental provides Dental Sealants to protect the teeth from tooth decay and seal out the plaque, bacteria, and food particles.
The teeth are typically made to chew food, and it cannot be denied that there will be leftover food substances. Dental practices such as brushing, flossing, and rinsing are not enough to thoroughly clean the teeth specifically the back teeth or the premolars and molars. These portions of the teeth have deep grooves and fissures where bacteria and plaque can form. Dental Sealants acts as barriers that protect the teeth from damage caused by bacterias, plaque, tartar, and acid attacks.
Dental Sealants Application
The application of Dental Sealants into the tooth can be done in one quick procedure and would require only a few minutes to seal each tooth.
- The initial step is to prepare the tooth to be sealed. The dentist will thoroughly clean the tooth and let it dry.
- To keep the teeth dry throughout the procedure a cotton swab or absorbents will be placed around the tooth.
- An etching solution is then applied to roughen the tooth surface, which helps the sealant material to properly bond to the tooth.
- The tooth is rinsed thoroughly and dried.
- The acrylic sealant will be carefully painted into the surface of the tooth and will be left to dry. Another option is to use a special curing light to harden the sealant faster.
- Necessary adjustments can be performed to make sure that the application of the sealant does not affect the patient’s proper bite.
Benefits of Acquiring Dental Sealants
- Keep the teeth healthy: Sealants are adhered into the tooth’s chewing surface to keep cavity formation.
- Reduce the risk of tooth decay: Sealants prevent the early stages of tooth decay to prevent it from forming to a severe or large cavity.
- No Side effects: There are no known adverse effects from using dental sealants aside from allergic reactions, which rarely occurs.
- Provides a natural-look: Sealants are unnoticeable for they are usually made of white or clear materials.
- Long-lasting effect: Dental sealants are durable and can manage the force of regular chewing. It also strengthens the tooth by protecting it from damage caused by decay and would take a long time before reapplication.
Get added protection to your teeth with Dental Sealants in Garland, TX. Contact us to book your appointment with Orbit Dental! We are located at 5255 N. President George Bush Hwy., Garland, TX 75040.