People want to achieve straight and beautiful teeth and would go great lengths with the treatments available to have it. Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the repair of the teeth’s alignment with the use of dental appliances that can gradually move the teeth to the desired position. Conventional orthodontics are composed of metal brackets and wires which can be unsightly to other people, but with the evolving dental procedures, clear aligners have been developed. Orbit Dental provides a more safe treatment for correcting malocclusions and misalignments with the help of Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a specific brand of clear aligners which is made of thermoplastic materials that are custom-made to fit a specific patient’s teeth. It is a series of trays that resemble whitening trays that should be worn every day for 20-22 hours, and it should be replaced every two weeks by the patients themselves. The trays provided are sequenced which is determined by the dentist to ensure a gradual but effective teeth alignment.
How does Invisalign Changes Smiles?
Conventional braces are the basis on how Invisalign works but with a much-controlled difference. Even without brackets and wires, Invisalign moves teeth by applying appropriate and controlled amount of force on the teeth to gradually move it. As they are provided by sequence, only certain teeth are being moved at a time which is determined by the dentist to be most effective. The whole procedure has been mapped out on a treatment plan by the dentist for a more favorable result.
Tips to Get The Most of Invisalign Treatment
- For the first two days of the Invisalign treatment, follow the dentist’s instruction to wear it as much as possible to get the treatment to work effectively. Though Invisalign should always be worn at all times, the first 48 hours is essential for the whole treatment.
- To get a more effective and favorable result during your Invisalign treatment make sure to commit on wearing them for 20-22 hours a day.
- Make sure to change the aligners on schedule and the correct sequence. Patients are provided a series of trays which can be switched by the patient’s themselves every two weeks without going to the dentist for adjustments or tightening.
- Stay hydrated by drinking a lot of water. There is a possibility that the mouth will try to flush out the obstruction it is feeling by producing saliva. While the mouth produces extra saliva, the patient will feel dehydrated which is why it is better to reverse it and stay hydrated.
- Practice good dental hygiene by carefully cleaning the mouth. Proper brushing at least twice a day with Fluoride toothpaste, flossing once a day to remove foods that get stuck in between the teeth, and adequate mouth rinsing also with the use of mouthwash. Since Invisalign are removable, it provides easy cleaning and better hygiene maintenance. These might seem simple, but they are highly essential for the support of the dental health during the Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign treatment is a great alternative solution for patients who want to achieve straighter teeth more discreetly, comfortable, and convenient. It provides the same results with metal braces but without the use of unsightly metal brackets and wires. The recommended consultation is every four to six weeks for the examination of the teeth’s movement during the whole treatment. Have straighter and healthier teeth with the help of Invisalign clear aligners.
Give your smile a boost! Book an appointment with Orbit Dental and check out our services under Invisalign Treatment in Garland. We are located at 5255 N. President George Bush Hwy., Garland, TX 75040.